The Jewish Film Institute (JFI) is the premier curatorial voice for Jewish film and media and a leading arts and culture organization in the Bay Area. As the presenter of the world-renowned
San Francisco Jewish Film Festival, the world’s first and largest Jewish film festival, JFI champions bold films and filmmakers that expand and evolve the Jewish story for audiences everywhere. In addition to its signature summer Festival, the Jewish Film Institute presents year-round live events in the San Francisco Bay Area and online content initiatives, including JFI On-Demand and free Monthly Online Shorts. In addition to its exhibition services, JFI has a robust filmmaker support program for filmmakers working with Jewish themes through its Filmmaker Residency program, Completion Grant program and Social Justice Teen Fellowship.
The Development Coordinator is a key member of JFI’s dynamic team who supports all efforts to engage and grow the Institute’s diverse community of members, donors, and institutional supporters. He/she manages and maintains the donor database; processes and acknowledges contributions; ensures donor benefit fulfillment; coordinates data and logistics for mail campaigns, special events, and other fundraising; and tracks campaign progress. The Development Coordinator is responsible for working with the Director of Development and Communications to create comparative financial and membership reports; reconcile generated income with Accounting and Box Office; and supporting the Executive Director, and Development Department, both at Festival and year round events as needed. Knowledge of Donor Perfect (or comparable donor database) is essential.
This is a non-exempt full-time (37.5 hours/week) position. Peak periods and special
events including the Festival may require expanded hours and a more flexible work
Donor and Gift Processing and Database Management
● Maintain accurate member, donor and prospect information in JFI’s donor
database including contact, pledge, and gift information.
● In consultation with the Director of Development and Communications, process
and acknowledge all pledges and gifts, including checks, credit card charges,
stock gifts, in-kind contributions, and matching gifts.
● Ensure accuracy of all data, and protect integrity of member data.
● Produce timely and accurate reports for use by the Executive Director,
Director of Development and Communications, Development Committee and
Board of Directors, including analyses of: gifts, campaigns, in-kind contributions,
pledges, matching gifts, and grants.
● Work with Director of Development and Communications and box office staff to
apply best practices and develop procedures for inputting, managing individual
gifts, grants, board gifts and ticket buyer conversions for up-to-date reporting.
● Support grant reporting and renewal requests as needed.
● Help the Director of Development and Communications to pursue new funding
sources via grants research, letters of inquiry, and outreach calls as needed.
● Maintain grant files.
● Maintain annual grants calendar, ensuring the inclusion of key deadlines,
collaborating with the Director of Development and Communications and others
to ensure timely fulfillment of reporting and submission requirements.
● Communicate membership benefits to current and prospective members,
encouraging and facilitating membership purchases & renewals.
● Personalize membership mailings and correspondence, and respond promptly to
membership inquiries via telephone, e-mail, and mail.
● Work with Director of Development and Communications to identify, solicit and
manage in-kind donations.
● Work with Director of Development and Communications to craft engaging,
compelling donor, member and ticket buyer communications using email and
other marketing platforms as needed.
Festival and Special Events
● Maintain invitation lists relevant to Festival and special events, and coordinate
mailings to eligible recipients.
● Understand Festival benefits relevant to each donor category, and work with box
office to fulfill Festival benefits.
● Assist with the planning and coordination of special donor events, including
managing guest lists, RSVPs, and on-site logistics related to registration.
● Produce timely and accurate reports on event attendance and participation, for
use by the Director of Development and Communications and Executive
● 2 years of non-profit fundraising experience.
● Experience and proficiency with Donor Perfect or comparable donor database
(Raiser’s Edge, etc.), and Microsoft Office Suite.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Detail oriented, organized, and focused on accuracy and quality of work.
● Analytical skills with experience working with data and spreadsheets.
● A self-starter and ability to work independently.
● Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
● Work effectively with staff, volunteers, donors and the public. Customer
service experience a plus.
● Experience with Photoshop, inDesign or other graphic design programs a plus.
Please send cover letter and resumé via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
“Development Coordinator” as the subject.
JFI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for paid and volunteer positions, and
employees seeking advancement, are considered on the basis of their qualifications, and
without regard to race, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, age, sex, perceived
gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, HIV status or medical condition,
mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic made unlawful by federal, state
or local laws.