This non-profit company is not yet revealing their identity and are headquartered in the North Bay. They are not disclosing their identity publicly yet, however they have shared their name with AIGA SF and we have vetted and approved this job post as being legitimate and aligned with our mission. They have chosen to keep their company name private until they have publicly announced so applying for this role is a two-step application process.
We are a new mission-driven organization dedicated to design and sustainable agriculture. We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Designer to join our team and assist with projects at all scales, from site work and architecture to graphics and eventual exhibits. This position is right for you if you’re passionate about applying your skills to meaningful design work and want to work with a driven, world-class team. You’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with the organization’s Chief Planning Officer.
As the Junior Designer, you will be responsible for:
– Development of diagrams, infographics, and renderings for projects
– Development of documentation and reports
– Development of signage and environmental graphics
– Design of landscape and architectural elements
– Design of exhibits and elements at other locations
– Design of sustainability monitoring and communication elements
– Construction of exhibit prototypes
– Construction of models
– Mock-ups of all kinds and small construction projects
WHO YOU MIGHT BE
You may have…
– Or be working towards a degree in architecture or landscape architecture
– Or be working towards a degree in graphic design, industrial design or fine arts
– Experience working at a design firm or in the design department of a firm or non-profit
– Experience working in a workshop or in construction
You are someone who…
– Can work independently and take initiative
– Is thorough and detail-oriented
– Is a clear and frequent visual and verbal communicator
– Embraces collaboration and the iterative process
– Is curious about agriculture and land conservation.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Salary for this position is competitive. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive benefits package for salaried employee, including, but not limited to medical, dental, vision, year-end shutdown, and unlimited paid time off after one year.
We would like to have our Junior Designer join us February 1, 2021 or as soon as possible.
Our organization strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment for individuals who reflect a broad spectrum of identities, including but not limited to gender, racial, ethnic, and social-economic dimensions. We aim to maintain and develop a working environment where individuals are welcomed to express their affiliations, advocacy, associations, and appearance freely. We believe that inclusion of diverse perspectives is essential to achieving our long-term vision and mission. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans in occupations or positions where they are underrepresented to apply. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application
Our organization is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not allow the discrimination against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, disability, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us.
HOW TO APPLY
As will be announced shortly, we are a new nonprofit, currently headquartered in the North Bay, with additional Bay Area offices under development. Since we are not yet public, this is a two-step application process.
First step: please email your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please include 2-3 sentences on the following: Tell us something you’ve taught yourself in the past six months.
Second Step: If we believe you may be a fit for this position, we’ll send you additional details on our organization along with a non-disclosure agreement.