The Social Impact Initiative promotes and supports design for social good through networking and collaboration with like-minded individuals and organizations. We foster close working relationships between designers and the non-profit community. And we provide a forum for socially responsible design through cause/affect, a biennial design competition.
- Creating a culture of networking and collaborating with like-minded organizations that value the efficacy of service to the overall community.
- Creating awareness and education around how designers and the non-profit community can mutually benefit from closer working relationships.
- Providing guidance, leadership and resources to the design community and encouraging corporations and individuals to follow best practices with regard to socially responsible design.
Our current initiatives include:
- Developing and maintaining formal partnerships with the Taproot Foundation and other like-minded organizations.
- Leading AIGASF efforts on social impact advocacy and making suggestions to AIGA National.
cause/affect is a biennial, international design competition that celebrates the work of designers and organizations who set out to positively impact our society.Design Pro Bono Projects
AIGA has expanded designjobs.aiga.org to include a section devoted exclusively to meaningful pro bono projects, particularly those in which designers can offer strategic as well as design advice.